Our expert tour guides are happy to show you how to have the most fun ziplining in Big Bear Lake, California on our nine-run mountain zipline that reaches speeds of up to 35 mph.
Experience Southern California’s Only Tree Rope Climbing
Tree Rope Climbing is a unique outdoor activity where a climber uses a harness, ropes and a series of knots to climb trees. It’s a great way to relax and get away from it all. It’s an exhilarating and fun activity for the whole family to experience!
Climbers may reach heights of 45 feet off the ground depending upon how quickly they progress during the climbs. Your Big Bear climbing tour includes roughly four tree climbs, Pinzgauer (a four-wheeled safari jeep type vehicle) rides to and from our scenic climbing site on the mountain, conservation information about the area from our expert tour guides, and all the equipment and safety information you’ll need to have a safe and exhilarating adventure.
Tree rope climbing is intended to be both exciting and relaxing, but safety is our top priority. The first one or two climbs start with a “slow & low” approach with branches about eight feet off the ground. Once the climber becomes more comfortable, he or she can go higher. We inspect our trees daily to ensure that they are safe for climbing and are well cared for.
- What to Expect
- Safari jeep ride to and from mountain climbing location
- Training, gear, and safety information on location
- Expert tour guides
- Exhilarating experience climbing massive trees
- Rules & Requirements
- All customers must fill out and sign a release form.
- All climbers must wear appropriate attire, which is as follows:
- Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing
- Long pants (no shorts or dresses)
- Appropriate shoes for hiking, preferably hiking boots. (No flip flops, sandals, open-toed shoes, etc.)
- Long hair securely tied in a ponytail (preferably braided)
- No dangling jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, belt chains, etc.)
- Eyeglass strap for securing glasses or sunglasses
- Climbers may not have anything attached to belt (cell phones, pagers, wallets, etc. We provide lockers for storing these items during your tour.)
- Water is provided for your tour.
- Climbers must be at least 8 years old.
- Maximum weight to participate is 250 lbs.
- Climbers must not be pregnant and should be free from back, foot, heart or respiratory problems.
- Tours run in most weather, excluding lightning, high winds and falling snow. In the case of these weather conditions at your scheduled tour time, we may reschedule your tour or issue you a tour voucher to return at a later date.
- Sunscreen should be applied before arriving at the tour site.
- Drink lots of water prior to your tour. We will also provide water during your tour.
- No tobacco, alcohol or chewing gum will be permitted. Absolutely no smoking!!
- No running or horseplay will be permitted during the tour.
- Climbers may not have anything attached to belts or belt loops.
- Climbers may not bring cell phones, iPods, MP3 players, or other easily-lost valuables on their tour. We provide secure lockers at our departure center.
- Climbers must always follow tour guides’ instructions.
- No climbing without rope protection. Every climber must be tied in at all times.
- Guides are the only ones allowed to adjust harnesses, ropes or other equipment.
- No climbing above where the rope is tied to the tree (anchor point).
- Climbers are never to touch the ropes of other climbers.
- Swinging on ropes is only permitted with the instructor’s approval.
- No fast descents. Excessive speed will damage the tree, burn the rope and possibly result in injury.
- All climbers must wear provided safety helmets at all times.
- All climbers must stay on trails. This is not only a safety issue for climbers and guides, but also for surrounding wildlife.
- Any climber who uses an inhalant for asthma or an Epipen for insect stings must alert a guide and bring it with them into the tree in a line mug.
- All climbers must wear seat belts in vans and Pinzgauers.
- Climbers must use only equipment provided by Action Tree Rope Climbing Tours.
- Have fun!
- Release Waiver
- Cancellation Policy